McGregor and Nurmagomedov agreed to battle known date

McGregor and Nurmagomedov agreed to battle known date

UFC president Dana White downplayed the idea when asked during the conference. It looks as though Dana White and UFC as a whole have little issue now with McGregor's attack on the bus, as footage from the scene is now being used to promote the fight.

The Russian fighter's father and lifelong coach, Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, says he hopes nothing similar to the incident in Brooklyn unfolds in the build-up to the fight at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on October 6.

Those include a September 8 pay-per-view card in Dallas headlined by the Tyron Woodley-Darren Till welterweight title fight and a December 29 card in Las Vegas likely to feature a fight between women's champions Cris Cyborg and Amanda Nunes, although negotiations continue.

Why is this fight so big?

McGregor is unhappy at Nurmagomedov holding a title he believes is his and, having last fought in UFC in November 2016, "Notorious" is ready to return.

Motorola Z3 is 'first' 5G-enabled smartphone thanks to Moto Mod add-on
The phone includes a dual 12MP rear camera setup, with one being a black & white sensor, as well as a front-facing 8MP sensor. As confirmed on Twitter and by many news outlets such as Neowin , Moto says it won't be making any more Z3 devices this year.

It's the flawless fight for McGregor to come back to, because it's the most risky. In the interim, Khabib Nurmagomedov has taken the lightweight division by storm. Nurmagomedov had won the lightweight title UFC 223 in April. The decision to strip McGregor (21-3) of his crown did not go down well and ill-feeling between the fighters escalated in the week leading up to Nurmagomedov becoming champion. Video footage showed McGregor hurling a hand truck at a bus on which Nurmagomedov was a passenger after a press conference at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The 30-year-old was ordered to perform five days' community service last week after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct following a disturbance at a UFC media day in April. As part of a deal with prosecutors McGregor was also ordered to undertake an anger management class. However, I fought at 170 then I relinquished the title.

Nate Diaz last fought in the UFC nearly two years ago in a five-round war with Conor McGregor.

Diaz didn't seem happy about the surprise announcement of McGregor's next bout.

While appearing on Submission Radio, Georges St. Pierre discussed the upcoming Khabib & McGregor fight and indicated that he would be interested in challenging the victor of that bout but doesn't believe UFC will allow it.

Related Articles